Thursday, May 19, 2011

2 Confessions, 1 Post

Confession 1

I was schooled by a toddler. Occasionally a life lesson slaps you in the face and yesterday I happened to get such a little smackeroo.  I’ll spare you the backstory, but it involves trying to put my newly painted mailbox on the post with my little boy helping me.  Because the post was DIY’d using leftover cedar beams from our old mantel, the box wasn’t sitting on it quite right so I was drilling, screwing, adding scraps of wood to level and shore up the thing {all of which will be hidden by the box--don’t worry.}  I reached my frustration point when I split some wood and said to my little helper, “welp, I’ll just have to have Daddy help when he gets home from work.”  My 2.5 year old looked up at me and said, “Mommy, twy twy again?”

::SLAP!::

Seriously, how could I have driven the point of perseverance home to my little buddy yet given up so easily… over a mailbox?!  Well, I marched back to that box and twied, twied again… aaannnnddd still ended up needing help.  I mean, sometimes you have to know your limitations.  But- I did give it another shot.  Lesson learned: I need to practice what I preach a little more going forward.

 Confession 2

The blog world has turned me into a dumpster diver.  Oh how I wish I was kidding.  There is a house on the way to my sitter’s that ALWAYS has a heap of “trash” at the curb every week, full of useful looking items.  Seriously, I don’t know how they have anything left inside at this point.  I still regret not stopping for a table I saw about a month ago, but I figured my husband would not be thrilled with yet another unnecessary piece of furniture in the garage. I digress.  I drove by the other morning and saw a bunch of children’s toys.  I was running late so didn’t stop, but when they were still there on the way home I couldn’t resist and pulled the car over.  I figured at the very least I could resell them at our upcoming garage sale for 100% profit.  How could the hubs argue with that?

May 069

I snatched a big wheel and a little tractor.  There is a piece broken on the tractor, but I think it can be easily fixed with some super glue.  I believe I saw some John Deere green spray paint once upon a time—wouldn’t that make this little tractor adorable?  I had planned to sell it, but my little buddy seems pretty fond of it so it may stick around for awhile.  Ugh, how am I ever going to get my car back in the garage?

 

1 comment:

  1. As for confession #1: He's a smart guy. I can just hear him saying that.
    and for #2: If hoarding is anything like alcoholism (hereditary) you should dive with caution. But check out Ready Made's "take it or leave it" feature anyway.

    ReplyDelete