Monday, August 22, 2011

What one can of spray paint can yield

Having just finished off a can of white spray paint, I thought I would show you all that I did with just the ONE can of paint (plus primer, but you get the idea).  I used Rustoleum Painter’s Touch Ultra Cover 2x in Gloss White.  It was less than $3 at Home Depot—can’t beat that!

 

My first project was the “Gaudy to Mod-y” chest makeover.  Hard to believe there was any paint left over after covering that beast!  It’s almost four feet long!

 

Then I found an old mirror in the basement and gave it a facelift as well.

 

Next I sprayed some little frames that were leftover favors from my wedding shower.

005

 

And for the coup de grace, a simple redo of a cheapo Wal-Mart picture frame.  It was just $5, and while I’m a huge Steelers fan, the black and gold wasn’t working for me here.  I wanted something simple that wouldn’t take away from the colorful print.

056002

Before                                                                       After

{Print by Rick Loudermilk}

Not too shabby for a little can of spray paint, eh?  What’s the most you’ve ever gotten out of one can?

6 comments:

  1. WHA??? I don't get it! I repainted 3 frames and a wine stand and it took me 2 cans of spray paint (after using one can and realizing that I needed to prime first).

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Primer is key! I use this primer: http://www.rustoleum.com/CBGProduct.asp?pid=222 then probably two light coats of paint. You want the primer to do the heavy lifting and the paint to the finish. Also, the paint listed in the post is the best I've found as far as going the distance. You don't need to use as much as you would with other paints.

    ReplyDelete
  3. JC, your projects are inspirational. Thank you for sharing such a unique perspective and thank you so much for using Rust-Oleum to complete so many projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Thanks for stopping by Rust-Oleum Scott! As you can see I love Rust-Oleum products!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great projects my sweet friend... perhaps Rust-Oleum should advertise with you!! You make everything look good :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. JC, are you on Rustoleum's pay roll now? Maybe a spray paint consultant? That advice you gave me about the Rustoleum chalkboard spray paint served me well!

    ReplyDelete