Tuesday, October 11, 2011

My Sister is a Bad Influence

She cons me into going antiquing with her, doesn’t buy anything herself but convinces me to buy things. Can you believe that?!   This little lady with those sweet moves?  Looks so innocent, doesn’t she?

dance party

(cropped so as not to show my little mulleted self)

Recently we stopped by a few shops and a little town flea.  Again, the girl didn’t buy a thing, but as soon as I would ponder a purchase she would say, “Oh, you should get that!”  And of course, I did. 

004

Here are two silver pieces I picked up that needed some love.  I spent almost a whole naptime polishing them, which was strangely enjoyable.  It reminded me of polishing silverware before a sorority function.

012

Here they are after.  What a difference!  The handle is still tarnished, but that was as good as I could get it. 

Thanks for talking me into buying them, sissy!

1 comment:

  1. Somehow I managed to avoid the silver polishing... which means, what was I doing???

    Good finds and the pitcher would look great with a few snips of bittersweet in it ;)

    ReplyDelete