Thursday, April 7, 2011

Spring/Easter mantle

Since my last fireplace/mantle post, I've made a few seasonal updates. Glassware is from Ikea, the mirror was moved from the adjacent wall and the print is from the super awesome ladies at eighteen25. Not only do they come up with the cutest prints, but they just give them away. I am not kidding you. How generous is that?! Go check out their site--it's one of my favorites!



Here is a close-up of the poster. I had it printed through Wal-Mart and had it shipped to the store (to save a few bucks), which was somewhat a catastrophe in itself. Ok, catastrophe is probably a strong word--maybe irritating would be more appropriate.

Anyway... I received an email saying it was ready, hauled the kids over to the store only to find that no one knew where it was. So I emailed Wal-Mart and they said it wasn't printed yet. I got a call from the store yesterday saying that it had been there for a week. Ok. I got it home and opened it and it was a glossy finish, when it was supposed to be matte. Whatever. I wasn't going to try to have it reprinted, what with Easter being only two weeks away! All that aside, I think its super cute. If you want to print one for your home head on over to eighteen25 for the download!


Did you notice any other changes from the first picture? Oh, you're right, I did fiddle with the fireplace doors a little more! I used some black rub 'n buff to "antique" them a little bit. I'm still not thrilled with them but I feel like I'm heading in the right direction... to buy a new fireplace surround. :)


2 comments:

  1. Holy decorating... look at you go :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks great jules!! and i love your ABOUT ME description. haha. sorry about all the hoopla walmart put you through. they seem to be pretty good at that!
    thanks so much for sharing with us!
    jen :)

    ReplyDelete