Friday, July 8, 2011

Weirdo Pantry Meals

You know those days when you’re pressed for time and have no plan for dinner so you scrounge around to see what you have and you end up lacking some key ingredient for everything you think you can make?  No?  You’re much more organized then me?  Ok, then humor me here.

I sometimes do that.  Well, only if we’ve already had pizza once that week and I’ll feel like a domestic failure if I don’t throw something lukewarm on a plate and serve it to my mini Vikings who are pounding their forks on the table and grunting for food.

July 002

Here’s my most recent Weirdo Pantry Meal.  This delectable plate is comprised of:
  • Green beans from the freezer
  • Couscous cooked to package directions, using chicken stock
  • Canned chicken {I didn’t even heat it, just drained and added it to the hot couscous}
  • Mrs. Dash seasoning
  • Paprika for color
  • Fresh basil to jazz it up
To be honest, this meal is probably worthy of 5.5 stars on a scale of 1 to 10.  It was ok.  I wouldn’t go out of my way to plan it again, but it worked in a pinch, saved us from eating pizza and was probably a little healthy as no oil or butter was added. Overall… not too awful.  

Should Weirdo Pantry Meals be a new category on this crazy blog?  No?  Ok then.  What unconventional meals have you come up with in a pinch?

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I so think you should make it a regular post... because EVERYONE is in that situation at some point in the week! I actually thought it sounded good :)

    ReplyDelete